F19 Installer a little better, but...

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Thu Jun 13 22:23:46 UTC 2013

On 14/06/13 09:40, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> On 12.06.2013 09:00, Adam Williamson wrote:

>>> Why not label the button "Next >" to more clearly indicate that this
>>> isn't a final step, that there are more selections to be made.
>>> Shouldn't damage the Fung Shui of the screen too badly.
>> I'm pretty sure that's what it was labelled before...when people
>> complained about it.
> This discussion shows that going with "hub-spoke" model in Anaconda is
> not so awesome idea as it seemed to be. I'm not saying that old wizard
> was better than this new UI but certainly, new hub-spoke model needs
> very careful design and naming. For me it was also surprising that I'm
> done with partitioning before I've even touched anything.
>
> I think that additional "Next" button is the best option at the moment.
> For F20 bigger redesign might be required.
>

> Mateusz Marzantowicz
I think it would be a very good idea to be able to systematically check,
& change settings if necessary- so some way of it systematically
presenting the spokes would be good (in this aspect, the old way was
better).

I know I keep forgetting to set the correct tome zone!  Who lives in New
York? 'Everybody' I know lives in Auckland!  I think it would probably
be better _NOT_ to set a default time zone - joking aside, most people
do not live in New York.

Cheers,
Gavin