F19 Installer a little better, but...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 23:06:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:57 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 14/06/13 10:43, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:23 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
> >
> > > I think it would be a very good idea to be able to systematically
> > > check, & change settings if necessary - so some way of it
> > > systematically presenting the spokes would be good (in this aspect,
> > > the old way was better).
> > >
> > > I know I keep forgetting to set the correct tome zone!  Who lives in
> > > New York? 'Everybody' I know lives in Auckland!  I think it would
> > > probably be better _NOT_ to set a default time zone - joking aside,
> > > most people do not live in New York.
> > Since Final TC1 or so, it now tries to pick the correct timezone by
> > geolocation. It seems pretty accurate from the results reported so far.
> Well I am physically in Auckland, New Zealand - but I may have an IPv4
> address associated with Christchurch, New Zealand (blame my ISP!).
> Either way, I am definitely not in New York!
>
> Possibly, people should be given an option to either confirm or to
> change?

Are you actually testing with a Final TC, or with Beta? Is your network
coming up at the start of install?

You do have the option 'to either confirm or change', I mean, that's
what the spoke is for. If you don't go into the spoke, that's your own
problem. It makes a hub and spoke design pretty meaningless if we force
everyone to go into all the spokes.