F19 installer not giving an option for English GB (or UK)

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Thu Jun 13 23:34:10 UTC 2013

On 14/06/13 10:54, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:33 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
>> I actually live in New Zealand, not the US so I would prefer a different
>> language for the desktop.  So since I am used to British spelling. I
>> would like to be able to set the language for the desktop as English-GB.
>>
>> I think that the above should be remedied in F19.
> Er, I see a "English (United Kingdom)" on the first page of anaconda,
> and have done ever since the re-design.
My treacherous eyes.

I saw English US at the top, and no sign of English-GB nearby, so
ASSuMEd it wasn't there!

May I dare suggest that the English-US be put in its natural place? If
it was, then my poor brain/eyesight would not have been confused.

>> ///////////////
>>
>> Changes that I think would be useful are (but I suspect that these would
>> have to wait for F20):
>>
>> Since my wife is Chinese, and my son is studying French, I would also
>> like to include French & English during installation - one used to  be
>> able to do this.
> This is available from the "Language Support" spoke of the installer. It
> is not shown on the live installer - I don't quite recall the reason,
> but it's intentional; I think its behaviour was buggy or too confusing
> in a live context.
PEBKAC error, with me in the chair!  :-(

I simply did not notice the line at the top mentioning additional languages!

Just wondering if using my laptop, with the screen to the left of my
main computer, means I'm missing things.  If so, I'll simply have to
look more carefully!

>> In fact the fine grain control of what is selected at installation has
>> disappeared with the new system, and I think it should be reinstated.
> This is too vague, I cannot tell what you mean.
On the software selection spoke, you can select broad categories, but
you can't pick & chose within those categories.
In the old system: you were able, to some extent, to pick & chose within
categories.