F19 Installer a little better, but...

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 14 01:05:37 UTC 2013

On Jun 13, 2013, at 7:08 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> https://geoip.stg.fedoraproject.org/city

How is this working? With a WiFi access point MAC address entered into Skyhook it has the location within +/- 20 feet from the actual location. But the lat/long from the URL above is about 1.5 miles off.

I mean, that's probably fine for the purposes of setting the date/time unless I'm precariously close to a boundary (which I'm not), but the sigfigs used in the lat/long from the URL is ~17. That's a level of precision about the size of a gnat's ass. So, for that level of precision it seems like it needs to be more accurate.

Chris Murphy