Introduction

Justin Reid tuxwx28 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:49:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

My name is Justin Lynn Reid and I was happy to find that the Fedora project
was looking for volunteers to help in QA tasks. I'm 22 years old and here's
a little about my background.

I'm currently a Meteorological Programmer at a private weather company in
Oklahoma called Weather Decision Technologies Inc. This professional role
is a unique combination of both an atmospheric scientist and a software
developer, where I specialize in backend server development and Geographic
Information systems. I've been an avid Linux user ever since 2010 and my
first Linux distribution was Ubuntu 10.04. However, in the professional
space, I have mostly used Red Hat and CentOS for my work.

What attracted me to Fedora project is the community, which in my opinion
seemed the most inviting to participation in the development process than
other distributions. I've been interested in Open source ever since I first
downloaded Ubuntu, however I always found entry way into FOSS development
sort of vague and confusing. But since after becoming a professional
programmer and discovering how Fedora's team does things I would really
like to lend my skills to help in creating a technology that has not only
advanced my career, but has also lead to a higher quality of life.

Currently my main programming language is Python, however I also know some
shell scripting, java and even the legacy Fortran 90. I'm currently
teaching myself C as well and will hopefully be applying that knowledge
soon also. In addition I know some basic SQL. I have found that QA is a
great way to learn how a system works so any tasks involving testing,
writing tools, or just managing bugs I will be willing to take on! I've
included a link to my LinkedIn profile if you want to know more about me
and what I do.

www.linkedin.com/pub/justin-reid/46/274/286/

Have a wonderful evening and I can't wait to get started soon,

Justin Lynn Reid