consider people with poor vision, was Re: F19 Installer a little better, but...[consider people with poor vision

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jun 15 15:08:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 12:07 +0300, moshe nahmias wrote:
> I agree with Gavin, I have a poor vision because of Keratoconus and on
> most cases it's not easy or comfortable for me to read things when
> installing fedora.
>
> More important is that we should consider poor eyesight since we want
> any one to be able to install and use fedora.
>
> I would want (for F20 if possible) to be able to change the font size
> easily.

It's really not technically possible to do that with how anaconda's
written. The UI is to an extent written around the text. You can't just
change all the text to be 20pt in size and still have the UI work; stuff
just doesn't _fit_ any more.

I'm going to look up some a11y guidelines from respectable institutions
and file a few bugs on things it might be plausible to fix, but it's not
any kind of simple 'implement ctrl+' fix, I'm afraid.