More yuim update problems [SOLVED]

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 19 15:07:15 UTC 2013

On 06/19/2013 09:25 AM, Sandro Mani wrote:
> I would look at yum check and then solve the problems one by one. Try
> reinstalling problematic packages (i.e. the ones which yum check
> reports as duplicates) one at a time, possibly forcefully using rpm
> directly (grab the rpms from koji [1] and use rpm -e --nodeps followed
> by a rpm -i). Once yum check is happy, run a yum update to update any
> remaining packages.
>
> [1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca
> <mailto:beacon at videotron.ca>> wrote:
>
>     I suffered a big problem during this mornings update of 19. Yum
>     QUIT after doing the first
>     three items in the update. The download and rebuilding of delta
>     rpms had gone well.
>
>     Now it's suggesting to run yum-complete-transaction...but that
>     results in pages and pages
>     of changes yum wants to make, including erasing glibc and hundreds
>     of others.
>
>     What's my best move - I am afraid to do anything at this point.

       Well it took a lot of handwork but I finally cleaned up the mess
using your suggestions for which I thank you.
       I am relatively new to Fedora ( about 6 months at this point) but
it seems to me Yum is not as robust as some other
package managers (like Debian's) I have used. That maybe because I still
am not all that familiar with
some of Yum's more obscure commands, or with things like package cleanup
etc.
Thanks for your help

--
--Cheers--