Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 28 22:02:56 UTC 2013

On Jun 28, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> (I'll note that, quite honestly, I wouldn't consider UEFI dual/multi
> boot of any kind remotely robust as things stand. It still appears to be
> very much a work in progress. The only thing that we really have code
> for that I'd vaguely stand behind is Windows BIOS dual boot.)

I agree with this assessment with respect to dual booting Windows + any linux, on UEFI. It's a fairly foul and highly variable UX, with multiple causes for this.

However, the dual boot UX of OS X and Fedora is at least as good as, and actually more reliable than Windows + Fedora on BIOS hardware due to how Apple's startup disk manager works, and the Herculean effort of Mathew Garret on mactel-boot.

The residual issues for Macs are about the same as for other narrow slices of hardware, e.g. video not working due to some kernel regression, or newer hardware than there's support for in the kernel; and sometimes wonky behaviors with trackpads and such.

Chris Murphy