Beware! Rawhide 20130227

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Mar 1 14:50:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:00:51 +0100,
   Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
>Rawhide with builds no later than 20130227 doesn't boot here anymore.
>It stops at the Fedora logo prior to displaying GDM but with gdm "logged
>in". Ctrl+Alt+Del opens a nasty shutdown dialog with three buttons. Two
>of them (Restart, Cancel) can be blicked, but don't do anything. They stay
>pressed down. The 3rd one (Shutdown) cannot be clicked.

I was able to reboot and login using gdm last night with an up to date
rawhide. So the problem might be fixed. It's also possible that gdm is
working in my case because I have an older video card and it might not
be doing some fancy stuff.

There is a bug where gdm sometimes thinks you are logged in after a failed
attempt and that blocks being able to login until a reboot. But that doesn't
sound the same as what you are describing.

There is also an issue where you can't use the enter key to confirm trying
to login as the selected user. You need to use a mouse click to do it. I
don't know if everyone is seeing that one, or if it is just me.