upgrade to rawhide how

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 07:53:52 UTC 2013

On 04/03/13 08:23 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:14:36 -0500
> Shalom Ben-Zvi <shalom938l at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK
>> I didn't use yum with *--nogpgcheck*  and probably that's why I
>> didn't have the expected results.
>
> Possibly. If you re-run the distro-sync with --nogpgcheck does it
> change anything?
>
>> I did it correctly now and I have the rawhide repo , updated and all
>> went fine.
>> only now I can't boot,
>> Its a uefi installation, secore boot disabled.
>> I restarted after the  yum --releasever=rawhide distro-sync  and the
>> boot process stoped before grub, I just see a "welcome to grub"
>> message in a black screen and that's it. I'm using refind as boot
>> manager.
>
> Remove the 'rhgb quiet' from grub and see if you get any more info on
> where it's stopping.

In addition to Kevin's advice, the way Fedora packaging works, you
should still have some older kernels installed (inc. your last working
kernel). Try booting to an older kernel and see if that works. If it
does, you know you've got a problem involving the Rawhide kernel.

(Current Rawhide kernels die as soon as modesetting kicks in, for me, on
a Geforce 9600 GT. I need to get around to triaging it.)