[rawhide] install method testing wanted

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 01:45:06 UTC 2013

> Basically you point to the top level of a 'repository' as in 'an
> entire
> Fedora release repo set', not 'a single repository like
> updates-testing'. So you enter
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/ for Rawhide.
>
> You can't use this to 'add' repositories as things stand, because
> you're
> entering the _only_ set of repos that will be used. If you enter RPM
> Fusion there, anaconda will be trying to install an OS using only the
> Fusion repos. Which obviously isn't going to work. That is one of the
> limitations which the page is trying to warn people about.

I think we could add this to the rawhide wiki page as an easy way of
setting up rawhide. I wouldn't put this on the anaconda page for general
users. There are chances of them confusing this up with adding repos and
it'll be more trouble than help. As things stand, a normal user looking
to set up fedora doesn't really need to use this option. The
netinstaller automatically picks the closest mirror.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.