Major criteria re-write / re-design proposal

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 12:32:34 UTC 2013

> Looks good, but I do have 2 things, one that isn't clear to me and
> one suggestion to make things clearer.

Thanks for your feedback!

> On the "Package sets" paragraph, it says "the installer must be able
> to install each of the release blocking desktops, as well as the
> minimal package set.".
> And on the "not all at once it says that you should be able to
> install KDE, Gnome, and minimal set but not necesarily all at once",
> does it mean that it's OK to be able to install just one of the
> desktops or that you must be able to install all of them but not
> necesarily on the same boot?

> If the former is the right one (at least one works) than I have a
> revision to make, I think it will be clearer to say that "the
> installer must be able to install at least one of the release
> blocking desktops".

The latter one is correct. I find the documentation to be quite clear:
"This means you must be able to do a GNOME install, then start over and do a KDE install, then start over and do a minimal install."

Is there something that confuses you?

> > Really interested to hear everyone's feedback on this - thanks,
> > folks!

Adam for the president! Ugh, I mean, really great work!

I'm not fully convinced on the presentation style, I find the collapsible comments to be more visible than the criteria themselves (they are bold and highlighted, so they draw more attention), but that's something that we can tweak easily. In general I really welcome the direction where your changes are headed.

Thanks.