Major criteria re-write / re-design proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 19:32:04 UTC 2013

On 11/03/13 06:30 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On 11/03/13 08:17 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>>> I'm not fully convinced on the presentation style, I find the
>>> collapsible comments to be more visible than the criteria themselves
>>> (they are bold and highlighted, so they draw more attention), but
>>> that's something that we can tweak easily.
>>
>> I tried to come up with a few more designs of the collapsible comments:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kparal/Draft_Alpha_Criteria
>>
>> There are four styles in the document:
>> 1. transparent background, italic
>> 2. gray background, normal weight
>> 3. transparent background, gray bold text
>> 4. adam's original - bold text on violet (please forgive my
>> colorblindness, if it's a different color)
>>
>> Ideas? The first one seems clean, visible and non-intrusive to me.
>
> Thanks a lot for doing this, Kamil!
>
> I think the bold italic grey is my favourite, but I think all three are
> better than mine (I think I just cribbed mine from the mediawiki example
> page or something). I'm fine with the 'grey background' one if that's
> what others prefer, so far it seems to have +3.

OK, so I've changed to the 'grey background' style in my sandbox, and
I've also underlined the headings for the 'sections' in the criteria, to
distinguish them from the headings for each individual criterion.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_alpha_criteria_sandbox

I think that might actually be ready to go for Alpha, now. I'll start
working on Beta and Final today.