New Alpha criteria in production!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 01:07:12 UTC 2013

Hi folks. As all the feedback on the criteria re-design has been broadly
positive, and it was voted on at the meeting this morning, I went ahead
and put the revised Alpha criteria page into production:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_19_Alpha_Release_Criteria

Couple of changes I may not have noted before - I changed all cases of
'supported images' to 'release-blocking images' to be clearer and more
consistent with the 'release-blocking desktops' wording and the wording
used on the blocker SOP pages.

I added links for each criterion to all the relevant validation test
cases, in the References section. Obviously, we can also now add links
from the test cases back to the relevant criterion. This should make it
much easier to remember/find out what test cases relate to what criteria
and vice versa.

I'll work on finishing up the Beta revision and getting the Final
revision done this week. I have made some changes to the Beta draft
since the last mail: made 'upgrade requirements' its own section (at the
request of clumens), added a sub-paragraph to explain that anaconda team
gets to define what 'available kickstart delivery methods' there are,
and tweaked the partitioning criteria a bit, again at clumens'
suggestion: we tightened it down a bit so we aren't requiring too many
exotic existing formats/partition types to be handled, and specified
explicitly that custom partitioning mode must be able to understand
'normal' existing layouts. As a reminder, that's:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_beta_criteria_sandbox

and comments still very welcome! Thanks. Of course, the Alpha page can
still be adjusted. It would be good to have any major changes done
before the blocker meeting on Wednesday; ideally we should not make
major changes to the Alpha criteria from now on. Small tweaks, text
improvements, additions to the metadata would all be okay at any time
though, I think - things that don't change the _meaning_ of the
criteria.