fedup network download

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Mar 19 22:30:12 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 07:14 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
> As a short term fix, I'd suggest a couple of things:
>   1. Use --disablerepo= on the fedup cli to make sure that the right
>      repos are disabled
>
>   2. Either define your local repos on the cli using --repourl
>      <name>=<url> or re-do the url to use $releasever so that they're
>      properly modified and pulled in

I had another system to upgrade today and neither one of these
suggestions worked. I continued to see ~300kB/sec download speeds
instead of 10MB/sec+. The system this time was the local respository
server itself, so the packages were technically already on the file
system. I do see my custom repo names being listed (and files
downloaded) during the fedup initialization.

I even went as far as moving the, disabled, default Fedora yum repo
configs to /tmp, but fedup continued to use an Internet mirror. Even
after "fedup-cli --clean".

Which component should I file the bug against? Fedup?

Thanks,
Michael