TC1 et al.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Mar 22 00:49:44 UTC 2013

Several attempts to install from TC1 on a jump drive failed
with unknown errors.

I then did a pxeboot rawhide Xfce install which was successful except
WINE program loader doesn't work (do not pass GO, etc.).

Finally I did a pxeboot F19 Xfce install.  There was no firstboot, no
problem here.
I then installed KDE as a side effect of my scripts that install libs
for Gnuradio
and WSPR.  These apps compiled and run.

I then installed Gnome.  Some files are not signed, requiring --nogpgcheck.
After reading Torvald's latest comments. I installed the gnome-tweek app.
It's an improvement but I still find Xfce or tweaked KDE more to my liking.
I need a desktop that works reasonably over VNC.

WINE program loader is still broken.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com