where to report kernel/nouveau regression?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Mar 25 23:48:22 UTC 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 5:26 PM, John Reiser <jreiser at bitwagon.com> wrote:

>> So, new bug, but file it against kernel or xorg-x11-drv-nouveau?
>
> If  "kill -TERM  <pid_of_/usr/bin/Xorg>"  does restart the X server
> and results in a graphical display, then perhaps -nouveau might be better?

X doesn't even start. dmesg reports inability to get necessary information from VBIOS.

Since it's an EFI UGA system, there is apparently no fallback. On EFI there isn't VGA, but there's either UGA or GOP. On my EFI GOP computer, I get fallback graphics when there are intel or radeon driver problems. But on the EFI UGA computer, X won't start, I'm relegated to text only. Not sure why.

Chris Murphy