TC2-64 Problems

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Mar 26 20:22:53 UTC 2013

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:37:36 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
>> Tried several times to install something with the TC2 64 bit net install.
>> All failed with unknown errors shortly after making the file systems.
>>
>> I then tried PXE install of today's rsync using Fedora 18 anaconda.
>> Attempts to install Gnome or Xfce failed.
> In which way?

The loader got an unknown error when trying to install some package or
other.
The only choice I tried that worked was the minimal desktop.
After installation I was able to install packages used for WSPR and Gnuradio
with the script below.  It is important to do this before any groupinstall.
Once I did a groupinstall of GNOME first and subsequently I couldn't install
the libs needed for WSPR, etc. because of multilib errors.

yum --nogpgcheck  -y --skip-broken install gnuplot gifsicle giflib-devel
ImageMagick-devel xfburn telnet-server xfce4-terminal xterm

yum --nogpgcheck  -y --skip-broken install portaudio-devel
libsamplerate-devel *python-imaging* hamlib-devel numpy-f2py
gcc-gfortran svn git

yum --nogpgcheck  -y --skip-broken install cmake boost-devel
cppunit-devel fftw3-devel gsl-devel nasm yasm tiger* rss-glx* wine
sphinx  python-sphinx

yum --nogpgcheck  -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-cheetah
PyOpenGL  *qt4* *qt-4* tbb  qwt-devel PyQwt PyQt-devel *swig*

yum --nogpgcheck  -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-lxml
alsa-lib-devel  texlive-dvips libXaw-devel ncurses-devel xscreensaver-extras

Afterwards I installed Xfce and groupinstall GNOME, which required
--nogpgcheck
GNOME works but does not show the Wine probram loader option on packages
such as LadyHeather310.exe.

Anything I try to do with Wine fails silently, even wine->notepad

Flightgear runs under Noveau but looks much better with the Nvidia
driver on my GT670.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com