Undoing biosdevname in F19

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Mar 29 12:21:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 08:12:59AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:03:39PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >
> > The biosdevname package has been replaced by systemd/udev functionality, I
> > think there's a feature page for it else I has been mentioned on list or check
> > the docs
> >
> > Peter
>
> Thanks very much for the quick answer.
> I'll have to look.  Adding biosdevname=0 didn't work, though it changed it
> from en something on the first install to p2 something on the second.  So
> much for consistancy, but it could be that I did biosdevname=0 on the
> second.

I've found some freedesktop.org docs, but they
refer to a file that isn't installed in default minimal install,
udev/rules.d is empty--there is an 80-net-rules in /lib/udev/rules.d but it
has instructions to not overwrite.

Will keep looking, thank you again.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

The Doctor: Don't be fair with the Daleks when they're firing me
at a planet.