Undoing biosdevname in F19

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:47:53 UTC 2013

On 03/29/2013 01:48 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:44:01PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 03/29/2013 12:41 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
>>> Ok, if anyone else is running into this, there are clear instructions, even
>>> though they're for F15, that work, with a sample
>>> rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file.
>>>
>>> http://rackerhacker.com/2011/09/25/getting-back-to-using-eth0-in-fedora-15/
>>>

>> It should be sufficant for you in F19+ to add "net.ifnames=0" to the
>> kernel command line to disable predictable network names
> Biosdevname is still installed by default.  Adding the net.ifnames and
> running grub2-mkconfig didn't fix the problem.  I had to also run rpm -e
> biosdevname, and then, with the addition Johann suggests, I had the
> standard device name.

The feature page for predictable network interface names [1] clearly
states...

"As part of this feature we also want to remove biosdevname from comps,
so that it is not installed anymore for new installations."

All the comps changes we do during the developement cycle should be done
before we release alpha so I suggest you file a bug against comps and
site your experience and that feature page.

JBG

1.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames