Linux 3.10 in Rawhide

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu May 2 08:14:46 UTC 2013

After the disappointing results with Beta TC1 I decided to play with
64 bit rawhide with the 3.10 kernel.

As usual I used F18 pxeboot to install rawhide.  Gnome had dependency
problems so I installed Xfce.  I discovered that pxeboot install was flakely
running through a wrt54 hub.  That cleared up when I switched to a
direct line to the 16 port gigabit hub in the basement.

Rawhide has now been running for 7 hours on the 2 GB Celeron 430
that was crashing with recent Fedora 19 installs.   The Celeron is
controlling an HP 3586B selective voltmeter under GPIB control.

The 3.10 kernel seems to running fine on the Intel 3770 as well.

The previously reported machine dependencies with Wine remain.

I tried the 32 bit rawhide on the E6550.  NFS was still broken so no
testing.

Other than the stability of 3.10, the only other difference I noted was in a
gnuradio-companion script.  hw:0,0 in audio source had to be changed to
plughw:0,0 to run.

Will 3.10 be in Fedora 19?

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com