RFC: Multipath testing as a (optional?) criteria for RC?

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Fri May 10 15:45:22 UTC 2013

On 05/03/2013 10:17 AM, Phil Knirsch wrote:
> On 04/30/2013 05:12 PM, Tommy Pham wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com
>> <mailto:pknirsch at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi guys.
>>
>>     I'd like to open up the discussion about getting multipath testing
>>     as a (optional) criteria for RC.
>>
>>     I understand that the typical Fedora user most likely will never
>>     encounter or use multipath, but as we do have server users for
>>     Fedora there might be some merit to it.
>>
>>     We've ran into this on the ppc64 side the last few releases where we
>>     did test this during our alpha, beta and rc checks and worked with
>>     the respective maintainers to fix the issues we found.
>>
>>     So if there is an interest to make this a general test case we'd
>>     certainly be able to provide a QE template with all the necessary
>> steps.
>>
>>     And as mentioned, even if it's not going to be a blocking criteria
>>     maybe having it as included as an optional test case might still be
>>     worth it.
>>
>>     Let me know what you guys think.
>>
>>     Thanks & regards, Phil
>>
>>     --
>>     Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.: +49-711-96437-470
>>     <tel:%2B49-711-96437-470>
>>     Manager Core Services        | Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
>>     <tel:%2B49-711-96437-111>
>>     Red Hat GmbH                 | Email: Phil Knirsch
>>     <pknirsch at redhat.com <mailto:pknirsch at redhat.com>>
>>     Wankelstrasse 5              | Web: http://www.redhat.com/
>>     D-70563 Stuttgart, Germany
>>     --
>>

>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> Yes, I'm very interested!  Please let me know what I need to do.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Tommy
>
> Hi Tommy.
>
> I'm currently collecting the necessary info from our guy who has been
> testing multipath on ppc64 the last couple of Fedora releases. Once i
> have everything together any help in speccing out the actual test plan
> would be very welcome.
>
> Thanks & regards, Phil

Quick update: Mark Hamzy has finished a first draft of the test case here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Multipath_installation

Feel free to take a look at it and modify/correct as needed.

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Red Hat GmbH                 | Email: Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com>