Telnet server broken in TC4

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Sat May 11 21:04:28 UTC 2013

> I don't know how many people are still using telnet server. I would
> hope very few. SSH is much more secure and already enabled by
> default. ;)

There are local networks that truly are local, providing services
for the _development_ of small embedded devices (think microcontrollers)
where telnet (sometimes over a serial line) is the largest and slowest program
that the device can support while still performing its intended function.
ssh, scp, web or ftp servers, etc. are several times too big and slow.