Telnet server broken in TC4

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun May 12 17:00:26 UTC 2013

On 05/12/2013 09:24 AM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 14:13 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
>> I gave the systemctl command and rebooted.
>> Here is the result.  I get the same result on
>> the target system with "telnet localhost".
>>
> Can't you use ssh instead anyway since it's on by default on all
> installations now?  I never have to configure when I update/install my
> server, it just works.

As others have pointed out, people out there use a lot
of software that supports telnet but not ssh.

It looks like adding ssh to a program is quite non trivial.
In most cases the source code isn't available anyway.

Since the telnet server is no longer part of the default
Fedora, is there any reason other than hubris why
installing telnet-server should not result in a functioning
telnet server?

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com