Beta TC4 karma requests

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon May 13 01:19:13 UTC 2013

On May 12, 2013, at 5:19 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> There's a debug line you can add to the grub.cfg, and possibly you'll get more information after the error but before the hang.

Helps to read the whole bug first. I see the debug info. I can't reproduce this on Apple EFI hardware.

T.C. Hollingsworth <tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this supposed to work with grub2-mkconfig also, or only from anaconda?

anaconda calls grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg on UEFI, and it calls grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg on BIOS. I don't know why it goes on the ESP on UEFI systems. If grub2-install is invoked, replacing the Fedora supplied (and signed) grubx64.efi file, it expects to find grub.cfg at /boot/grub2 not on the ESP.

Chris Murphy