libtiff.so.3 missing, Re: xarchiver extract MP540_RPM_drivers.tar doesn't work. F19 LXDE desktop (Beta TC4)

Joerg Lechner julechner at aol.com
Mon May 13 16:37:55 UTC 2013

I have downloaded the last version of this Canon printer driver: Dateiversion: 3.0,        Dateigröße: 12.1 MB,
Dateiname: MP540_RPM_drivers.tar

            Drucken

PIXMA MP540

                Herunterladen: 31329
Letzte Änderung: 09-Apr-10

Treiber fur RPM Linux
That is the information I have about this driver, it runs ok in F18. If there is another solution, another driver choice, where I can handle this printer similar to F18, or Windows XP, I would use it. But so far I didn't find a good solution.
On FC18_64 I have libtiff 4.0.3-2.fc18 for x86_64. The version for i686, also libtiff 4.0.3-2.fc18 for i686, was ok on my old PC for printing with F18, but now there is F19 Beta for testing.
On F18_64 there is the same driver, and on i686 there was the same driver, which I tried to install on F19 Beta i686. Also the request for libtiff.so.3 was the same, as is now in F19 Beta. First I had the same problems in F18, which I have now with F19 Beta, I requested a solution for F18, this was made successfully. But I didn't ask, what was made in F18, therefore I cannot tell this. If You can help, this would be very nice.