libtiff.so.3 missing, Re: xarchiver extract MP540_RPM_drivers.tar doesn't work. F19 LXDE desktop (Beta TC4)

Joerg Lechner julechner at aol.com
Tue May 14 05:06:28 UTC 2013

I don't know whether elder systems should be supported by Fedora 19 or not.
I will ask Canon for an update of this printer driver for a Canon Pixma MP540. But anyway if Fedora 19 will not handle this driver, I have to buy a commercial Linux printer driver.
Another question: Why can Cups only serve the paper feeder in the back and not that one in the front side of this printer-scanner? I.e. Sane can handle the scanner part very good.
Kind Regards
Joerg Lechner