F18: Request for testing / karma

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:01:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

After upgrading to kernel 3.9.2 I have hit a rather bad bug where the
kernel exposes rfkill device types that gnome-bluetooth and
gnome-control-center do not know about causing gnome-shell to crash
with a fail whale on login.

I have fixed it upstream and backported the fixes to F18:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnome-bluetooth-3.6.1-3.fc18,control-center-3.6.3-2.fc18

I don't know how many devices (laptops) are affected by this but as
this is a very straight forward fix I want to get it in stable asap.
Please test the update and provide karma if it works for you. If you
are not affected by the bug you should not notice any difference after
installing the update.

Thanks