F19 Beta RC2: First log in - GNOME Welcome goes full screen

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue May 21 23:20:26 UTC 2013

On 05/22/13 06:31, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 06:29 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Maybe the question to answer is, "What triggers the GNOME New User
>> Welcome Screen?".
> First login to GNOME with any user account: each time you create an
> account and log in to GNOME with it, you'll see the video. Subsequent
> logins with the same account won't show it.

Right....  But what is being "checked" to determine it is a first login?  Is is something simple such as the existence of a directory?  Just wondering if it can be tricked into thinking this is the second time the login has occurred.

Maybe a script to create the GNOME user directory framework with default settings?

FWIW, I think doing all this is more trouble than it is worth...I'm just bored today.  :-)

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.