Big problem with an update

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Sat May 25 03:29:55 UTC 2013

On 05/24/2013 11:23 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> I was updating Fedora 19 tonight when my system crashed ( I suspect
>> it's
>> a memory error)....but anyway it
>> now **appears I have a lot of duplicate files on my system, at least
>> that what yum check all reports.
>> The crash happened after the updates had been installed I think during
>> the verify stage.
>>
>> This is a partial list of what "yum check all" reports:
>>
> Try
>
> package-cleanup  --dupes

    Yeah, that's what I found in the Fedora forums. So I tried it. Now
the partition won't boot.

package-cleanup --dupes removed the dupes..at least it said it
was....but it also ran into a bunch of
files it said were zero-length...what it did about them I don't know.
Short version: the partition is now
unbootable. So I am back in Fedora 18...where I think I'll stay for a
while. I don't anticipate re-installing
19...at least not for a while.

--
--Cheers--