Please help test packages!

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Sun May 26 20:24:36 UTC 2013

2013-05-26 21:37, John Reiser skrev:
> What should I expect?  I get no error, but no much more:
>
>   $ fedora-easy-karma
>   Getting list of installed packages...
>   Getting list of packages in updates-testing...
>   $ echo $?
>   0
>   $

This probably means that you don't have the updates-testing repository
enabled. Can you check it with 'yum repolist enabled' ?

The /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo that the pre-release
fedora-release-19 rpm includes, enables updates-testing by default. I
suppose it can end up disabled after distro upgrades when the rpm config
file protection kicks in and it creates the new repo files as .rpmnew.

Once it's enabled, a simple 'yum update' should be enough to update
everything to the updates-testing version.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev