FC18/FC19 Gutenprint-Cups - mtpaint - kprinter

Joerg Lechner julechner at aol.com
Tue May 28 06:01:16 UTC 2013

Hi,
new installation FC19, RC4, LXDE Live iso i686.
there was previously an error in Gutenprint-Cups, which seems now to be solved, because the new version of mtpaint (mtpaint-3.40-11.fc19) seems to comprize part of kprinter now (Reason Bug 964588)
Previously (without install of kprinter) there was an error in Gutenprint-Cups. When I printed 2 pages text, the second page only with a few lines (about 5 or 6). Then there was no page eject on my Canon Pixma MP540 for the second page. The printer was blocked totally. I had manually - by hand - to pull out the hanging sheet of paper, It was not possible to switch off the printer. I had to power off the printer by unplugging from the power to be able to start again. This happens also in FC18 still now, I think I don't have mtpaint-3.40-11 in my fc18 installation (64 bit, Gnome Desktop).

Is it worthwhile to write a bug? Or is the solution of this problem with mtpaint-3.40-11 sufficient? I think on FC18 Gnome Desktop I have no mtpaint installed.
Kind Regards