Fedora 19 beta rc4 suspend issue

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue May 28 20:52:57 UTC 2013

On 28.05.2013 05:55, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> I have this problem, but last time (after update) not affected
>
> Best Regards,
> Igor Gnatenko
>
> On May 28, 2013 4:21 AM, "Dennis Jacobfeuerborn" <dennisml at conversis.de
> <mailto:dennisml at conversis.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I just installed Fedora 19 beta rc4 using the netinstall iso in my
>     new Dell XPS 13 ultrabook and while it seems to work fine out of the
>     box this morning I found that it apparently had woken up again
>     during the night for no apparent reason.
>
>     Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason for a behaviour
>     like this?

I just did an update (mostly an X update it seems) and will see if that
helps. As of yesterday the systeme was up-to-date.
Today I was sitting in a long meeting mostly with my laptop shut and
after a while I noticed that the front light indicating the power status
was once again on and after opening the lid I immediately got the
lock-screen. Usually it takes a moment for the system to wake up so I
assume this meant that the system had actually woken up with the lid
still closed.

I just did a "tail /var/log/messages" into a file and closed the lid so
once the system has woken up again I can extract the log from exactly
the last message before going into standby. I hope I can find some
indication as to what exactly causes the system to wake up.

Regards,
   Dennis