Unstable virtualization

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri May 31 08:09:39 UTC 2013

On the 32GB Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz system,
yesterday's rsync f19  VMr install successfully installed OpenDesktop 5.07
from a CDROM image.  The only problem was the inability to
access NFS shares on the local machine.

 From today's rsync I did another fresh install.  (Pxeboot install over
a gigabyte local net is convenient and fast!)  This time
the VM install stalled after the "Booting from DVD/CD" message,
consuming 100 per cent of one of the 8 CPUs.

Meanwhile, VirtualBox-4.2.12-84980-Linux_amd64.run installed
without problems today and installed OpenDesktop without
issues.  I didn't check today, but yesterday OpenDesktop was
able to mount an NFS share on the host machine.

On the 6 GB Core Duo e6500 machine, VM install stalled
ina video init script.  VirtualBox worked normally on that
machine also.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com