not enough space on disk to upgrade

Carlos "casep" Sepulveda casep at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 11 20:56:06 UTC 2013

On 11 November 2013 17:35, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to find a yum option to not download everything
> before installing anything. Thus, before upgrading has begun, yum has
> reduced freespace to 10%, and transaction check thinks it needs more than
> what was required before beginning to proceed with the upgrade. Freespace
> before trying to upgrade was 21%, which I would expect to change no more
> than nominally as a result of upgrading. Is there no such option?

Hi:
Do you've any space somewhere else?
In some cases I've moved /var/cache/yum to a different filesystem (in
my case I've /home separated and with enough disk space) then create a
symlink to the original position and finally launch the updater.

Hope it works

Kind regards
--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"