F20 beta virt-manager cannot create bridged network interface

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 19 21:59:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 16:52 -0500, Richard Michael wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 11/19/2013 02:39 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> >
> >> Something went wrong in your installation. NATed networking is created
> >> and enabled on F20 by default. Personally I hate this, I don't use it
> >> and always disable it but as Adam mentioned there are a lot of different
> >> use cases and user's needs.
> >
> > Actually, NATed networking is created ONLY if you install
> > libvirt-daemon-config-network.  If you don't want it installed by
> > default, then don't install that package.
>
> Ah ; yes, I see I do not have that package.
>
> What is the expected user experience for virtual networking out of the
> box on Fedora 20?  [Given they select the "Virtualization" group
> during install.]

I think this is the problem Chris Murphy wrote about as "a possible
related problem" and that Cole replied that he "fixed this in comps for
f20+ in October, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore" - that package
was not getting pulled in when you installed the Virtualization group,
but it was actually supposed to.