VOB

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 18:13:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 11/28/13 07:36, Richard Vickery wrote:
> > Being on the test kernel - or, more likely, using a more stable one from
> the list that is compiled - is probably the answer to the issue: how am I
> to watch a VOB file?
> >
> > Linux 3.11.9-300.fc20.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 20 22:23:25 UTC 2013 x86_64
> >

> mplayer plays VOB's just fine as does vlc.
>
> You may want to reconsider your crossposting.  That is generally frowned
> upon.
>
> Addressing crossposting: no one lets the user know how others feel about
it - until someone does it - nor that there is a rule about it; if we don't
want a user to crosspost - especially a newby - we should make it blatantly
obvious that we don't like it, much less for a long-term user; it's
impossible to make something as obvious. Some people read rules as a last
resort, especially long-time users who least expect a rule-change and are
unsuspecting of such.