VOB

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 29 01:13:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 08:15:53AM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/29/13 07:06, Scott Robbins wrote:
> >
> > mplayer filename.vob
> >

> > If the directory containing said VIDEO_TS file is called mymovie then, in
> > the directory where you have the mymovie directory, you would do
> >
> > mplayer -dvd-device ./mymovie dvd://
> >
> > See if that works.
> >
> > (Otherwise, you can use vlc and choose open directory, but I haven't done
> > that in awhile, so don't remember the details.
> >

> What "should" work....and I just tried it....
>
> mplayer VIDEO_TS.IFO       The IFO is an "info" file that tells mplayer what to play....  Sure, it depends on a valid or well formatted IFO file.  :-)

So it does, thank you.  I never knew that.

> FWIW.....   If one goes to

> This list is for discussion of testing and quality assurance of the Fedora Project.

> This list provides community assistance, encouragement, and advice for Fedora users. Topics outside of that are generally not appropriate for this list. Please keep in mind that there are many thousands of subscribers and do your best to remain on-topic and courteous.
>
> So in my feeble mind it is clear where this question should have been asked.  :-)

Ed is correct, this discussion probably only belongs on the user list. (Or
ask Fedora).  Althouh Ed has also given you the answer to the question you
originally asked this particular list is, in theory at least, for
discussion about things in the testing versions of Fedora, as opposed to a
more generic use question.  For example, if it had worked, but now you were
trying Fedora 20 and it had stopped working, it's a more appropriate
question for this list.

As I said earlier though, when you're new to these things, it's not always
clear where the best place to post is--and one doesn't always know where to
look to find it.  So, in conclusion, I wouldn't worry too much about it,
just do your best to post on the correct list.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6