Gnome 3.10: Network UI missing from new system status area

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:32:53 UTC 2013

On 04.10.2013 07:54, moshe nahmias wrote:
> I think that it must be possible to make the icon visible as an
> option. I use a cellular modem on my laptop and the easiest way to
> connect with it to the net is by clicking that icon...
> I guess that it's possible to connect from other places, but it won't
> be as easy.

Also when ohne has multiple wired-networking profiles configured, you
have to go to the system settings in order to switch between them. I
think users would expect to be able to do that from the system status area.
And my opinion: I find this to be unnecessarily confusing. The system
status area should show in what state the computer/device is, and in my
opinion the ethernet cable status should definitely be part of the state
(unless the device has no LAN adapter).

Sandro