test matrix question, EFI vs x86_64

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 19:59:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 13:43 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> If a test works for EFI, it seems like it also qualifies for x86_64. Maybe the exception to this is for booting, where the x86_64 column indicates x86_64+BIOS, and EFI indicates x86_64+EFI. Right?

No, not really.

Well.

The intent is that the EFI column is greyed out where it is extremely
unlikely EFI would ever behave differently, and white where it is
possible that it may. I more or less pulled the list out of my ass,
though. If you disagree with any of the calls I made in doing it, do
suggest a modification, but in terms of the *general approach*, it is
that the 'x86_64' column represents x86_64 BIOS, and UEFI represents
x86_64 UEFI.
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin DOT net