Distribution sizes

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Oct 10 16:52:47 UTC 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 4:58 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:

> Every single bit counts. Event if you have DVD, why should everyone
> waste time and money for downloading or processing unnecessary data?
> Ideally, there would be no DVDs at all, only netinstall images
> containing anaconda. Then you'll download all other software only when
> it's needed. But some people need network independent install media
> which must be as small as possible but still useful.

I'd be nice to have a way to create a local caching "server" that's used by local clients automatically. If a requested package isn't available, the local server gets it from a remote mirror, the client gets the package, yet then it's cached on the server for other clients.  Something that just works like this out of the box.

Chris Murphy