QA:Testcase Partitioning On Software RAID

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 16:44:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 09:39 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2013, at 1:42 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 15:17 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> >> Minor edits to the test case instructions (there's no longer an
> >> encrypt option in Installation Destination)
> >>

> >>     1. Boot the installer using any available means
> >>     2. At the Installation Destination screen, select at least two
> >>        disks, click Done.
> >>     3. In Installation Options, click option "I want to
> >>        review/modify…" then click Continue.
> >>     4. Remove existing partitions, if necessary
> >>     5. Create the required boot partitions needed for your
> >>        architecture as non-RAID partitions. This
> >>        includes /boot and swap
> >>     6. Create a partition, set its mount point to / and set its type
> >>        to RAID (stripe or mirror are both fine)
> >>     7. Optionally, also create a RAID /home partition
> >>     8. Finish the installation, choosing all provided defaults
> >
> > For minor fixups like this, please just go ahead and edit the wiki - we
> > don't really need to do draft/review cycles simply to correct/update the
> > instructions. Thanks a lot!
>
> If I fix it on the beta TC2 page, does that affect subsequent pages, or is there a master somewhere?

Well, it's not on 'the beta TC2 page'? There is only one copy of each
test case page, they are in no way versioned or per-release or anything.
We simply link to the static test case pages from the result matrix
pages. So, just edit the page you see, and everything will be fine.

The only exception is if you find that the content you want to edit is
part of a template, but then it's still simple - just use the 'this page
includes content from' links to find the template you actually need to
edit, and edit that.
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin DOT net