Upstream packages v.s. Fedora packages

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Oct 12 00:11:34 UTC 2013

On 10/12/13 01:09, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/13 18:28, Caolán McNamara wrote:
>>> You are probably correct in that it won't get much of my attention
>>> because there are thousands of things that need attention and my focus
>>> is necessarily primarily on the GTK backends and GNOME3 integration.
>> OK.....  I am probably one of the few people out here in Asia using KDE.
>> I suppose I'll have to live with using the upstream stuff for now.
> Or, uninstall/disable the kde integration bits,
>
> yum remove libreoffice-kde

Strange as it may seem, I did not know the existance of that package.  Also strange, it wasn't ever suggested as a "workaround" in the bugzilla.

Yeah, that works.  Not sure yet if this causes any major loss of functionality....

Thanks....

Ed

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts