Testcases for no-DHCP and IPv6

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Oct 13 13:00:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 12:08 +0200, A.J. Werkman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In testing Fedora from my experience, the idea emerges, that most
> development and testing is done in a network environment with an IPv4
> DHCP server running.
>
> Testing in a network environment without DHCP and/or IPv6 only makes
> bugs come up, that are not found so easily when testing in the current
> testmatrix.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to setup testcases that address DHCP-less
> network environment and IPv6-only network environment.

We have done IPv6 testing for the last few releases; a couple of
community members were very helpful in checking that F18 and F19 worked
out of the box in a typical IPv6 environment, and we took showstopper
bugs in IPv6 as release blockers. We've had a couple of IPv6 test days
too. It would certainly be good to continue this effort, perhaps with a
test day for F20 or F21.
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin DOT net