Fedora 20 nfs

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Sun Oct 13 14:48:18 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-13 at 14:02 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 17:33 -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> > >
> > > Looked and it is there, but not sure what to look for besides being
> > > there.  Any particular info that should be there?  Or can someone take a
> > > look after a fresh install that might know the program better to see if
> > > it's missing something?
> >
> > Actually, you need to check the status of the mount unit itself.
> > (Which is required by remote-fs.target.)
>
> What I was suggesting is that he should check remote-fs.target is
> enabled. You're correct that checking the mount units may also be
> useful, though.

Hrm, I checked the mount part as T.C. suggested (of course the nfs share
is already mounted, manually mind you) and that looked fine.

Then I decided to check this...

[root at scrappy ~]# systemctl status remote-fs.target
remote-fs.target - Remote File Systems
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/remote-fs.target; enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:systemd.special(7)

Oct 12 10:08:27 scrappy.mtchambers.com systemd[1]: Dependency failed for
Remote File Systems.

scrappy=nfs client/workstation that I am on now and try to do the
mounting from.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY