[Fedora-spins] IMPORTANT, please read: Spins QA signoff for milestones

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Sep 10 23:53:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:20:31 +0100
Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 September 2013 23:31, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
> > Amit Saha <asaha at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Kevin,
> >>
> >> Is it sufficient to install the ISO on baremetal/VM and do some
> >> basic testing of the applications?
> >
> > Yep. All we are looking for are the basic tests.
> >
> > Does it compose?
> >
> > Does it boot?
> >
> > Do things work after it boots?
> >
> > Does it install ?
> >
> > Do things work after the install?
> >

> Do spins fill in their own test matrix or on the main test compose
> page? (I'm guessing the former since spin testers aren't necessarily
> on the main QA team.)
>
> (possibly not subscribed to the test list, so this mail may bounce
> there.)

Well, for the 'desktop' spins, there is already:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_20_Alpha_TC5_Desktop#Non_release-blocking_desktops:_x86_.2F_x86_64

We could look at adding for other spins, or just do other tests as that
spin needs.

Really what I want to prevent is us shipping something thats just
obviously broken (as we have many times with spins in recent years).

kevin