[Test-Announce] Fedora 20 Alpha Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 12 14:35:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 18:17:38 -0700,
   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <caf at omen.com> wrote:
>The net install is proceeding extremely slowly but so far without
>error on an E6550.
>At the rate it is proceeding it could take about 6 hours, somewhere
>between quadratic
>and mole in granite :-)

It could be worse, it took three days to do an update of about 9600
packages with the rpms in a local mirror (on the machine being updated).
yum was cpu bound and things seemed to get slower and slower for the
update parts of the update process. The clean up went pretty fast (several
hours).

I'm going to try dnf for my next yum upgrade and see how that compares.