environment group 'KDE Plasma Workspaces'

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 13 22:23:50 UTC 2013

>There is both a group and environment with:
>  <name>KDE Plasma Workspaces</name>

I presume you mean this is a repository problem.  I tried "yum clean all"
and that did not help, even though I understand this will reload all
metadata (like group information) from the repository.

Or do you mean I may have created this state by an attempt to install
kde-desktop-environment when it was already installed?  I think at
worst that would tell me there is nothing to do; it should not create
duplicate name problems.

I looked at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/YumGroupsAsObjects but
do not think that is relevant.

I thought about an attempt to remove the kde-desktop-environment then
re-install it, but this is not something I need to fix:  whether that
made the situation better or worse, it probably becomes  more difficult
to learn just what happened to create this state.  If someone thinks
remove/re-install could provide useful information, I should be happy to
try it.