F20-rc3, gnome-shell logoff?

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Wed Sep 18 14:37:57 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 09:59 AM, nonamedotc wrote:

> On 09/18/2013 08:49 AM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>> OK, so we changed the interface yet again for the user in Gnome
>> 3/gnome-shell.  Just how does one logoff or do a switch user??  I can
>> do a shutdown/restart.  I can suspend.  I can bring up the setting
>> application.  But logout and switch user seems to have gotten lost
>> ... or if it is there it sure is not obvious!
>>
>> Gene
>

> Try this
>
> gsettings set org.gnome.shell always-show-log-out true
>
> to get the username in the right corner menu under which log out will
> appear.
I usually run something a little lighter weight in virtuals such as xfce
and I also usually have a couple of userid defined but this was initial
testing of of F20 and I had never seen the "no logout" before.

I am not sure I like the new look ... maybe there will be some extension
to put it back the way it was with the User's name being displayed.

Gene