Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 02:03:23 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 01:45 AM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> This absolutely does not scale from a POV of a user reporting bugs.

Well neither does it do so from developer standpoint that also has to
maintain downstream distribution bugzilla accounts.

Basically the amount of work and the effort are on par for both parties
as in reporter has to file multiple reports against multiple package and
the developer has to deal with multiple reports against multiple
distribution in multiple downstreams etc. so arguing one has to do more
work then the other is a mute point at least as far as I see it.

in any case continue since we need to gather as much feedback as well as
data points ( like how many bugs are being closed as EOL ) before
throwing this to community voting and once the results from that are
clear we can focus on improving our procedures in either direction.

JBG